August 2012 TPPG Board Meeting Minutes are here
August 2012 TPPG Board Meeting Minutes
In Attendance: Cindy, Shannon, AJ, Robin, Eileen, Kylene and Christie Absent: Linda, Olyn
Meeting was called to order at 6:09 pm on August 15th, 2012
- July Board Meeting Minutes were approved.
a. Print Competition
- AJ reported on the current ranking for Photographer of the Year:
- AJ – 30 pts.
- Cindy – 18 pts.
- Linda – 17 pts
- TIED – Christie – 15 pts
Terri – 15 pts
b. Treasurer’s Report
- Christie did not bring report
- Christie will email to Board
- IRS Tax Filing still needs to be done. Christie will have it taken care of by next Board meeting.
c. Secretary’s Report
- Eileen had nothing to report.
- Robin will send Eileen a copy of last month’s report.
- Shannon has confirmed El Jalisco for our August meeting.
d. Membership Report
- Cindy did not bring the July report. She will email it to the Board.
- Cindy reviewed the new FPP General Membership changes.
- FPP added a new Category – Non Professional
- Can’t use FPP logo
- Will be listed in Membership, but not under Find a Photographer
e. Delegates Meeting /FPP Convention Recap
- Robin reviewed how FPP Salon Competition went this year
- This FPP used Proof-Cast and it worked really well
- Jeff with Proof-Cast will help with our TPPG Salon next year.
- Most entries extended full frame and had stronger impact on judging
- Local chapter officers must be FPP members
- AJ recommended that images for next year’s Guild Salon and FPP Salon extend full frame – 3000 x 3000 pixels.
- Robin will be the Salon Manager for 2013 – Congratulations!
- FPP has changed the requirements for local chapters
II. Old Business
- Art Show
- Kylene gave an update as to how the LeMoyne Art show is coming along.
- So far there are 8 members who have confirmed participation
- Need to get bios from all participants ASAP so brochures can be printed
- Flyers are for personal use – to invite clients, post on FB, etc.
- Robin requested an explanation of how the photographer flyers are suppose to be used.
- Christie and Kylene will purchase beer, wine, non-alcoholic beverages for opening night.
III. New Business
- Steve Metz is speaking at this month’s meeting.
- He will probably not participate in a print critique at the end of the meeting.
- August – Steve Metz
- September – Open
- October – Open
- November – Open
- December – Holiday Party
- Keely Dueschle
- Darryl Jarmon
- Enrique Munoz
- Robin reviewed speaker line up for remainder of the year.
- Need to work on getting 3 more speakers, especially for September
b. By Laws and Holiday Party Committees
- Robin stated that we need to form committee to revise the TPPG Bylaws – they have not been updated in over 5 years.
- Robin, AJ, Cindy, Olyn and Eileen have volunteered
- Robin will send an email to committee to set up a meeting.
- Bylaws need to be updated and approved by the Board before the General membership Business meeting in October.
- Kylene, Christie and Shannon are committee members
- Eileen will send out a meeting request to begin planning the party.
- Eileen agreed to chair the Holiday Party committee
VI. Meeting Adjourned
- Christie moved to adjourn the meeting at 8:16 p.m. Cindy seconded the motion. Meeting adjourned.